Parents were asked to rank their worst parenting nightmares, and HEAD LICE ranked 3rd! More parents fear head lice than chicken pox, pink eye, strep throat and the flu, to name a few. Only a broken bone and a broken heart scare parents more than head lice.
Top 10 Parenting Nightmares
- Kid coming home with broken/sprained limb 41%
- Kid coming home with a broken heart 40%
- Kid coming home with lice 36%
- Kid coming home with chicken pox 33%
- Kid coming home with a broken/sprained finger 31%
- Kid coming home with strep throat 29%
- Kid coming home with an allergic reaction 29%
- Kid coming home with the flu/cold 27%
- Kid coming home with pink eye 26%
- Kid coming home with broken glasses 16%
One reason parents fear head lice is it’s becoming harder to get rid of them. That’s because the most popular lice products on the market are rapidly losing their effectiveness to kill lice and eggs (nits). The most recent study (2016) published in the Journal of Medical Entomology found that 98 percent of head lice in most U.S. states are now resistant to pyrethroids, the class of pesticides used in traditional over-the-counter lice products.
If that’s not scary enough, pyrethroids have also been linked to behavior and developmental problems in children.
The good news is solutions are available that make head lice about as scary as getting a haircut. California’s Lice Clinic can completely eliminate your lice problem in about an hour, and the treatment is 100% guaranteed. And we will provide you with all the information necessary to clean your house. CALL US to find out more!